The Edmonds Historical Museum is located in a beautifully restored 1910 Carnegie Library building in the heart of Edmonds at 118 5th Avenue North, just north of the fountain at Fifth and Main. There are two levels in the museum: the upper level provides display space for rotating exhibits throughout the year and a gift shop. Our Current Exhibit in this space is “Commanders of the Craft: The Art of Ship Modeling”.
The lower level consists of permanent displays detailing the history of Edmonds and interpreting the many changes that have taken place, from the age of exploration and discovery, through the founding and growth of the city, and up to the 1950s when the last mill closed. Highlights of this space include a reconstruction of a room from the 1891 Stevens Hotel, a restored jail cell from when the building served as City Hall and a working model of a shingle mill, representative of the mills that filled the waterfront at the turn of the century, a maritime room and an HO gauge train layout.